• RiRi keeps very quiet in Los Angeles. She was spotted at the In-N-Out Burger fast food restaurant yesterday (May 30). Check a couple fan pictures.
• Us Weekly exclusively announced that Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour and Oscar-winning actress Marion Cotillard will both present at the upcoming CFDA Fashion Award.
“We are proud to present Rihanna with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her impact on the industry as fashion’s most exciting ambassador in recent memory,” CFDA CEO Steven Kolb said in a release. The “Pour It Up” singer, 26, is being recognized for her boundary-pushing style, as well as her philanthropic efforts with MAC cosmetics.
Wintour, 64, has signed on to bestow the Icon award to Rihanna at the swanky affair, which is taking place on Monday, June 2, at New York City’s Alice Tully Hall in Lincoln Center. Read more here.
• Rihanna’s personal stylist Mel Ottenberg recently talked about his work with the popstar to Vogue and The New York Times. See everything he had to say by clicking the links or after the jump.
• Norwegian producers team Stargate has revealed some very exciting news about Rihanna’s upcoming album!
“She has grown as a vocalist. So now when she sings a song she enhances it immensely. I think we are digging even deeper when it comes to songwriting. We are still keeping it fresh and sexy because that’s who she is. That’s Rihanna’s personality. But as a vocalist she can handle more things.”
Make sure to read the full article here or after the jump.
• Rihanna is nominated for two awards in the Italian MTV Awards: Vogue Eyewear Best Look & Best Video. Vote here.
• She is also nominated for Best International Act at the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards. Vote here.
• It’s your last chance to vote! Rihanna is up for the Fragrance Foundation’s 2014 Consumer Choice Awards, to be announced June 16 at Lincoln Center, where “the Oscars of the beauty industry” take place.
The awards will be hosted by Dana Carvey, Coco Rocha and ex-Vogue Paris editor Carine Roitfeld.
Lately, Rihanna has been tweeting mysterious lyrics, to what are rumored to be for her upcoming album. On Wednesday (May 28) she was spotted leaving the studio after a late night session.
Check out the photos here, and read Rihanna’s tweets after the jump.
RiRi and her family all gathered at a special brunch for the baby shower of her cousin Noella this Sunday (May 25) in Los Angeles, California. Some of her family members and friends shared adorable photos on Instagram. Make sure to take a look at all of them after the jump.
On saturday (May 24), Rihanna was seen shopping at The Grove, also in Los Angeles.
• After its release date being reported as postponed to March 27, 2015 (instead of November 26, 2014), more informations about DreamWorks’ animated movie “Home” featuring Rihanna were announced by Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Katzenberg.
“We have several of them that have been in the works for some time,” he says. “We have tried to go kind of a slightly different path on some of them. This movie ‘Home’ we have coming, Rihanna has actually done 12 songs for the movie. It’s not breaking into song. The characters don’t sing and dance in the movie itself in it. But it is the soundtrack of the film and the songs have been written very specifically for scenes in the movie and for characters in the movie. It’s a different type of musical than a ‘Broadway’ break into song one.”
• Rihanna was spotted once again at Giorgio Baldi restaurant in Los Angeles this Thursday (May 22). Click here for photos.
• The same day, RiRi posted three beautiful selfies on Twitter. Take a look at them after the jump.
Rihanna was seen leaving Giorgio Baldi this wednesday (May 21) in Santa Monica, Los Angeles.
The singer matched her pink hair with a pair of pink sunglasses as she left her favorite restaurant. Check out the pictures here.
• Rihanna has earned an #11th spot on 2014 Maxim Hot 100 list. Congrats RiRi!
• Today it was announced that Spotify reached 10 million subscribers, naming Rihanna as their most streamed female artist of all time!
• Rihanna’s courtside selfie gone wrong has turned into a successful charitable gesture for the Los Angeles Police Foundation, and, the Grammy Museum. The singer, who dropped the phone and cracked the screen, signed it and also donated $25,000 to the Los Angeles Police Foundation.
An anonymous bidder bought the cracked phone, which was placed on eBay for $66,500 and later donated to the Grammy Museum to display for the public.