Birth Name: Robyn Rihanna Fenty
Date of Birth: February 20 1988
Nationality: Bajan, Guyanese
Born & Raised: Barbados – Parish of St. Micheal
Height: 5′ 9″
Education: Combermere High School
Label: Def Jam Records
Mother: Monica Fenty (Guyanese)
Father: Ronald Fenty (Bajan)
Favorite color: Green
Favorite movie: Napoleon Dynamite/Borat
Favorite rapper: Kanye West
Favorite actors: Terrence Howard and Denzel Washington
Favorite actresses: Jessica Alba, Halle Berry and Meryl Streep
Favorite dessert: Cheesecake or chocolate ice cream
Pets: A turtle, dog named Marley, and DJ
Favourite TV show: Entourage
Claim to Fame: Rihanna debuted in the music industry with her 2005 summer hit single ‘Pon De Replay’. Deemed as the ‘Summer Song of 2005’ and held the #2 position at the Billboard Charts.
• Won the Miss Combermere school pageant in 2004
• She was discovered by music producer Evan Rogers while he was vacationing in Barbados, with his wife
• Rihanna is the eldest sibling to her two younger brothers; named Rorrey and Rajad.
• Several other major labels were vying for Rihanna, but Def-Jam made such an amazing deal that,the scheduled meetings with the other companies were canceled.
• “Pon De Replay” was heard on HBO’s hit TV show ‘Entourage’ in the ‘An Offer Refused’ episode during the club scene.
• Rihanna dislikes dishonest people. She prefers people to be honest and loyal.
• Jay Z was skeptical about Rihanna initially. Brown played him the record that’s turned out to be her first single, “Pon De Replay,” and Hova was nervous about it.
• Rihanna’s “Music of the Sun” album was be produced by Vada Nobles (“The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill”).
• Growing up, she idolized Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, and especially Beyonce.That’s whose career she most wants to emulate.
• While growing up in Barbados Rihanna visited the beach everyday with her two brothers.
• Fatima Robinson choreographed Rihanna’s videos’; for both Pon De Replay and If It’s Lovin.
• During Rihanna’s audition for Jay-Z in New York, Rihanna performed the songs “The Last Time”, “Pon De Replay” and Whitney Houston’s version of “For The Love of You”.
• Psychology was Rihanna back up plan incase singing didn’t work out for her. When she was asked in an interview “What would you’ve becomed if you wouldn’t be famous?”, then Rihanna answered “Pilot”.
• During the “If It’s Lovin” video shoot, one of Rihanna’s male dancers kept spraying water in her face. Her hair was wet and her makeup was barely on anymore. She zoomed up behind him and bumped him off the jetski.
• The single, “Pon de Replay” peaked at number two on both the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and the UK Singles Chart
• In 2006, Rihanna landed several endorsement deals, including ones for Nike and J.C. Penney.
• “SOS (Rescue Me)” was used in her endorsement deal with Nike.
• “SOS (Rescue Me)” reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100, Pop 100, Hot Dance Music/Club Play; and debuted at number one on the Hot Digital Songs
• The second single from the “Girl Like Me” album, “Unfaithful” written by Ne-Yo. He has also written “Hate That I Love You”, “Take A Bow”, “Unfaithful”, “Happy”, “Stupid In Love”.
• Rihanna had a cameo role in Bring It On: All or Nothing (2006). She has been offered numerous film roles but has been waiting to choose one of them.
• Keeps in contact with her Bajan best friends Leandra and Melissa. Melissa travels with Rihanna whereever she goes.
• Plans to learn to play the acoustic guitar, or the keyboard or piano.
• Her show at Foxwoods marks her first visit to a casino.
• Was in cadets approximately for 5 years. The famous singer “Shontelle” [also from Barbados] was there aswell.
• Plans to study Business and Psychology.
• Her father, Ronald, supervises at a garment factory.
• Her mother, Monica, is an accountant.
• When Rihanna was about 13 or 14, she snuck out to a club.
• Rihanna’s Dog Marley, was featured with her in the 2007 Giant magazine photo spread. You can view the photos here. Rihanna also has a dog named “DJ”.
• Rihanna has 13 tattoos, which she never plans to get. “I wake up and feel like, I have to get a tattoo”. Those who hurted the most are on her fingers. “Love” on her left hand, and “Shhh…” on her right.
• Rihanna’s most famous song “Umbrella” stayed on the UK chart for 10 weeks in 2007. “Umbrella” won numerous of awards, and one of them was a grammy!
• Rihanna loves to put color on her nails, and changes weekly!
• Rihanna’s celebrity crush would be “Chester” from “Linkin Park”, “Trey Songz” or “Justin Bieber”.
• Rihanna is a BIG prankster. She can do anything from pushing you into a waterfall or fool you! Once when she was on tour, one of her friends who playes in her band [Eric, guitar] splashed water on her green jacket. Rihanna loves that jacket, so she came up with some payback. “This is payback, this is revenge! Look what he did to my jacket!” So Rihanna mixed up chocolate, pineapple juice, cola and soya milk and poured it in his shoes. But that’s not all, she also tooks some peanut butter on his cap. When he later noticed that, he started to laugh. And Rihanna answered “That’s what you get for messing with me!”.
• Rihanna said that her favourite song is “I’m Losing It” by Roc City. But the best song of 2009 is “State of Mind” by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.
• Rihanna’s accent is Bajan. When she was asked on the tv show “Friday Night With Jonathan Ross” about her accent she said “I can’t help it” with a cute smile.
• Rihanna is a Covergirl.
• Rihanna released her 4th studio album Rated R on November 20th in 2009.
• Album spawned three huge hits: Russian Roulette, Hard and Rude Boy.
• Rude Boy went #1 for five consecutive weeks in the US. It was Rihanna’s 6th #1 in the US.
• Rihanna kicked off her 2nd WW tour called Last Girl on Earth Tour 2010.
• In June 2010 it was announced Rihanna is on Eminem’s album Recovery.
• Eminem’s Love the Way You Lie ft. Rihanna became major success in the whole world, peaking at #1 in the US and it stayed there for seven weeks. The single became Rihanna’s 7th #1 single. Love the Way You Lie also went #1 in countries like Austria, Australia, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Switzerland and many more countries. Lie was the best selling single of 2010 in the UK.
• In September 2010 Rihanna premiered new single Only Girl (In The World).
• Shortly after premiering new single Rihanna announced new album titled LOUD.
• Only Girl (In the World) became major success worldwide hitting #1 in the US and including other countries Australia, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Norway and the UK!
• What’s My Name, 2nd single from LOUD peaked at #1 in US and in UK.
• LOUD debuted at #3 on Billboard 200 with Rihanna’s highest first week sales of 207,000 copies. LOUD hit #1 including UK, Switzerland, Australia.
• Only Girl won Grammy for Best Dance Recording at the 53rd Grammy Awards in February 2011.
• S&M, 3rd single off LOUD went #1 in the US. Rihanna collaborated with Britney Spears for S&M (Remix) which helped single to hit #1. It was Rihanna’s tenth #1 song in the country.
• In February 2011 Rihanna announced her 3rd WW tour titled LOUD Tour 2011.
• Rihanna’s 5th studio album LOUD went platinum in US after 5 months in March 2011.
• Rihanna covers Vogue for April 2011. Rihanna’s first cover for this magazine. She became youngest black female artist to cover Vogue magazine.
• Rihanna is a covergirl for Rolling Stone. Her first cover for Rolling Stone.
• In September Rihanna announced and then in late September premiered new single We Found Love collaborating with Calvin Harris.
• We Found Love was lead single off Rihanna’s next studio album.
• It was later announced title of Rihanna’s 6th studio album: Talk That Talk.
• We Found Love got praised by many critics for Rihanna’s vocals. It reached #1 in the US and other 25 countries including Ireland, New Zealand, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
• Talk That Talk was released in November 2011.
• Rihanna’s lead single We Found Love became Rihanna’s biggest hit in the US for topping Hot 100 chart in the country for 10 non-consecutive weeks, dethroning Rihanna’s 2007 smash hit Umbrella.
• Rihanna’s LOUD Tour grossed 90 million $ from 95 dates. It was ranked #7 on Pollstar’s top grossing tours of 2011. It’s Rihanna’s most successful tour to date.
• In December 2011 it was announced Rihanna’s album LOUD is nominated for the most prestigious award Grammy for Album of the Year.
• LOUD sold more than 5M copies WW as of December 2011.
• In January 2012, Rihanna was named Best-Selling Digital Artist Ever.
• In the spring of 2012, TIME announced their list of the most influentional people in the world. Rihanna was one of them.
• Later in 2012, Forbes ranked Rihanna #4 on Celebrity 100 with earnings of 53 million $ from May 2011 to May 2012.
• Rihanna is most ‘liked’ female on Facebook with over 60 million fans, she is the most viewed female artist on VEVO with over 2.7 billion views, she has more than 25 million followers on Twitter.
• Rihanna won VMA Video of the Year for We Found Love video. This is Rihanna’s 2nd VOTY award, making her only female artist with 2 Video of the Year awards.
• In September 2012 Talk That Talk is certicified platinum in the US by RIAA for selling over 1 million copies in the country.
• Forbes named Rihanna social queen with over 85 million fans on two social networks 60 million likes on Facebook and 25 million followers on Twitter.