- @Rihanna Sorry Malmo!!! #LOUDTour
Rihanna cancels last night’s show.
According to information provided to Sydsvenskan, it was about a real exhaustion. Later it emerged that the Barbados superstar suffered from flu and should be so poor that she had to get a drip.
Rihanna canceled Monday’s concert at the Malmö Arena on short notice. The reason is, according to organizer Live Nation – exhaustion.
Between six and seven on Monday evening the organizer Live Nation decided, in consultation with a doctor and Rihanna herself, to cancel the evening’s concert at Malmö Arena.
– It is extremely unfortunate for everyone who bought tickets and receiving late notice, says Kristofer Åkesson at Live Nation.
According to Kristofer Åkesson, this is not a serious disease, but the doctor felt that she could not carry a show.
– It’s not urgent for Rihanna. We have no reason to be worried about her, but she is exhausted.
He won’t discuss further details about the exhaustion, but says while it does not seem worse than Wednesday’s concert in Stockholm can be implemented.
– There may of course be changed, but the plan now is for us to do the concert tomorrow [Tuesday, Stockholm].
The concert was sold out with 11,700 tickets. Live Nation is working to within 48 hours to announce a new tour date. Tickets can be redeemed at the respective merchant.
According to Sydsvenskan, the staff gave out notes [at the arena] to fans saying the concert had been canceled.
– Many here thought it was a joke, says Sydsvenskan reporter Peter Zupanovic to the newspaper.
Rihanna does tour at the moment, and while she does she also records in her portable studio. Fans have been asking her lately when she is going to take some time off, but she has answered her music needs to be done first.
Let’s hope this is a wake up call for her to realize that her health comes first, please Rihanna don’t over-work!
GET WELL RIHANNA